The Norwood City Board of Health was founded in 1890 and was originally located in the basement of the City Municipal Building. Because of the growing population and the need for expanded services and space, the City of Norwood constructed the building located at 2059 Sherman Avenue. Many residents remember receiving oral polio sugar cubes and vaccinations at the health department. We are mindful of the sacrifices that those before us made in bringing public health to the city.
The UC Health Mobile Mammography unit staff and The Norwood Health Department Staff.